Cardiac Step Down Registered Nurse
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the Telemetry Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will monitor cardiac and other critical vital signs and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- You will respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed).
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our RN Telemetry opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing; apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.