Med Surg Float Pool RN
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the Super Float Pool Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the Med Surg and/or ICU nursing departments. You serve as a key position of the assigned team and will hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmental outcomes.
What you will do in this role, based on your float area:
- You will maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients.
- You will understand patients with critical illness and vent management if in the ICU. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring.
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies.
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed).
Have you heard the good news?
Along with offering a $20,000 Sign-on Bonus, we have recently increased our pay rates for Registered Nurses across all units! Apply today to learn more.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Must have at least: two (2) year full time equivalent Acute Care RN experience in designated area
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Float Pool-New Pay Rates opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.