Oncology Charge Registered Nurse
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Bachelors Degree
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.