Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology
The Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology provides direct nursing care in radiation oncology in collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family and other members of the healthcare team.
What you will do in this role:
- Perform effectively and efficiently nursing responsibilities of the radiation area
- Obtaining, organizing, and maintaining patient records for daily scheduled appointments as well as patients under treatment
- Coordinating and scheduling patient appointments for CT/Sims, V-Sims, and follow-up
- Capable of prioritizing task of the day to meet the needs of the patients and physicians during workday
- Make sure patient exam rooms are cleaned, stocked, and equipment is safe for patient use
- Entering of daily charges using Department EMR system that are specific to work area
- Reviews and orders patient education materials
- Participates in and supports cancer committee and tumor board
- Assist to ensure JCAOH requirements for nursing area met
- Reviews nursing documentation forms, updates and revises as needed
- Serves as a liaison for the patient/and or families/significant other between Dr. offices and other support services as needed
- Must be familiar with radiation safety procedures
- Must be familiar with all radiation modalities provided in the department to facilitate patient/family/significant other education
- Assist with transferring patients from wheelchairs and stretchers to exam and or treatment tables using the appropriate lift equipment
- Assist with daily data record-keeping to reflect charges and capture productivity
- Assist to organize weekly chart rounds
$10,000 sign-on for qualified applicants
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology opening with Trident Medical Center in our Cancer Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS – Healthcare provider and other certifications as defined by department.
- Experience in oncology is required.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a RN Radiation Therapy PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Radiation Oncology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing; apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.