RN Emergency Room – New Pay Rates
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Emergency Room (ER), you are responsible to triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We are seeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will document pertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will be responsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge of all care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER, trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinate and triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage care with primary ED attending
- You are responsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index 5-level triage algorithm
- You are responsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resource nurse for trauma
- You will demonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care based decisions.
- You will educate patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patients and their families with support throughout their stay.
Have you heard the good news?
We have new RN pay rates across all specialties with up to a $20,000 Sign-on bonus and additional relocation assistance. We have amazing benefits as well! Come see what all we have to offer today and apply today!
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN Emergency Services opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.