RN Special Procedures PRN
The Special Procedures Registered Nurse will function as an integral part of the Medical Imaging/Radiology team and provide quality nursing care to inpatient and outpatient clients in the Medical Imaging Department. You will care for patients across the lifespan and must be prepared to handle all unexpected emergencies that occur during any imaging/interventional procedure.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform RN duties in any of the following areas: general diagnostic, interventional/therapeutic procedures, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and breast imaging.
- You will thoroughly explain and answer patient and family questions.
- You will assess patient and provide proper documentation in patient’s chart.
- You will be responsible for assessing the nursing needs and initiating appropriate intervention for patients in the Medical Imaging/Radiology Department.
- You will communicate with physicians and other healthcare colleagues on the effectiveness of care.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold and active Compact/Multi-State RN license.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Heath Care Provider is required.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Heath Care Provider is required. Prior Critical Care experience is preferred.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Trident Medical Center!
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN Special Procedures PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.